Recliners are popular among all ages and can be found in homes, offices, and public spaces all over the world.
While there are numerous brands and styles of recliners available, those manufactured in the United States are widely regarded as among the best. Unfortunately, they are difficult to find because the market is flooded with low-quality foreign goods.
So, I decided to take the time and build this article that reviews my picks of the best American made recliners. Let’s begin.
Best Made In The USA Recliners
This is the list of my picks regarding the best recliners made fully in the USA:
- Lane Home Furnishings Artemis Navy Rocker Made in The USA Recliner
- Lane Home Furnishings Power Wallsaver Made in The USA Recliner
- Lane Home Furnishings Wallsaver Made in The USA Recliner
1. Lane Home Furnishings Artemis Navy Rocker Made in The USA Recliner
Even if you aren’t a recliner fanatic like me, you understand that a recliner must be comfortable, convenient, and long-lasting, which is exactly what this Artemis Navy Rocker reclainer from Lane Home Furnishing is.
For once it is made of 100 percent polyester suede that is soft to the touch, a feature that I consider essential in all recliners.
Furthermore, it has the “Comfort King” recliner mechanism, which allows the recliner to support up to 500 pounds of body weight, so you won’t have to worry about wrecking it if you’re on the heavier side.
It has a large footstool portion that allows you to comfortably rest your feet in it even if you are taller than average.
Although it does not have head support unless fully reclined (as do most recliners), it does have other features to compensate, such as the fact that it is made in America, which gives the buyer the pride of supporting the American economy as well as the peace of mind that the recliner will last for years.
- Covered in a 100% polyester suede that is very soft to the touch
- Rustic style is very appealing
- Comfort King recliner mechanism with 7 gauge steel rated up to 500 pounds allows for a solid yet smooth reclining performance
- Foot stool portion is very large and well cushioned for tall guys
- Made in America with American hands and materials
- Well packaged for easy transport inside the USA
- Manufactured with American steel to maximize durability
- No head support unless totally reclined
2. Lane Home Furnishings Power Wallsaver Made in The USA Recliner
Lane Home Furnishing’s “Power Wallsaver” recliner is made in the United States and has solid features such as a 7 gauge recliner mechanism that can support up to 500 pounds of maximum weight.
Furthermore, it is made in America with 2.2 high resilience foam, which keeps the body fully cushioned for maximum comfort.
Despite the fact that the power recline button is in an inconvenient location, the reclines have a very soft chenille to compensate.
Last but not least, when fully reclined, the recliner measures 79 inches, making it ideal for tall people who want to sit comfortably in a recliner.
- Manufactured with very soft chenille with a very attractive scandinavian style
- Comfort King recliner mechanism with 7 gauge steel that is rated up to 500 pounds
- Made with 2.2 High Resilience foam to keep your back and knees well cushioned
- Made in America
- Reclines to 79 inches (when fully reclined)
- Power recline button is a bit tough to reach in this specific model
3. Lane Home Furnishings 4501-19 Gladiator Cafe Rocker Recliner
Lane Home Furnishing’s 4501-19 Gladiator recliner provides exceptional comfort and durability.
Firs, its recliner mechanism can support up to 500 pounds of weight, making it ideal for big guys and girls.
It is American-made, so you can rest assured that you spent your hard-earned money on a recliner that will last for years.
Finally, it has an alloy steel frame, which ensures both durability and a lightweight structure.
- Recliner mechanisms allows for up to 500 pounds of weight
- American made
- Manufactured with soft woven chenille that is very soft to the touch of the skin
- Frame made with alloy steel making it both durable and lightweight
- Based on my experience, I have no cons to speak of
Must Have Features of The Best Made In The USA Recliners
When it comes to finding the perfect recliner, there are many factors to consider. Let’s go one by one:
I believe that American-made recliners are the best option for finding the perfect recliner.
This is due to a number of factors.
First, American manufacturers are known for producing high-quality furniture. They use long-lasting materials and strict quality control standards to ensure that their products will last.
Furthermore, American businesses frequently provide better customer service than their foreign counterparts. So, if you have any issues with your recliner, you can rest assured that an American company will be there to assist you (at least that’s what I hope!).
Finally, purchasing an American-made product helps to support the economy and create jobs in the United States, which is something that I always strive for.
One of the most important factors to consider when shopping for a recliner is the design. After all, you want your recliner to look nice in your living room, don’t you?
A recliner is more than just furniture; it is also a fashionable addition to any room. I mean, if the design isn’t appealing, you might not feel as comfortable as you should.
The design of the recliner can also have an impact on its durability. A well-designed recliner is constructed of high-quality materials that will last for many years.
Recliners are frequently used as the primary seating option in living rooms and dens, so they must be durable.
The recliner’s frame must also be able to support the weight of the person sitting in it without collapsing. That’s why I look for recliners made with aluminum or alloy steel frames.
Furthermore, the fabric must be able to withstand wear and tear from continuous use. I mean, you’re going to use this thing for hours on end every day for years! So looking for rugged yet soft materials such as chenille and suede might be the way to go.
When you get home from work, the first thing that comes to mind is drinking a beer in your recliner and watching TV.
As a result, a recliner should be made of materials that provide the most comfort, such as:
- The arm pads must be large and plush to provide arm support without digging into the flesh
- The leg rest must be long enough to allow people to fully stretch their legs, to allow good blood flow
- The backrest must be tall enough to provide head and neck support to allow maximum relaxation
- The cushions on the recliner should be made of soft, high-density foam that will not sag over time
- The upholstery should be long-lasting and easy to clean so you can enjoy your recliner for many years
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the most frequent questions regarding the best American made recliners.
Are barcalounger recliners made in the USA?
Barcalounger recliners are some of the most comfortable chairs on the market. They are designed in America and manufactured mostly in China. The chairs are made with high-quality materials and construction, but no, most of their recliners are manufactured overseas.
What recliner brands are made in the USA?
The majority of recliners on the market today are made overseas, in countries like China and Vietnam. However, there are still a few brands that manufacture their recliners in America. Some of those brands are Lane Home Furnishing, La-Z-Boy, and Flexsteel.